Tuesday 1 September 2009

My first 'antiqued' card...

I have seen some beautiful antiqued cards recently, especially when I went to Stamperama last month. I had wanted to try one myself, but didn't really have alot in the way of embellishments or papers.



I hunted through my paper stash (one of them!) and found a paper that I didn't really think much of as a whole, it was a cheap one from a set, but thought might age well! Therefore, I chopped it up and used Distress inks around the side. I started with pale colours as I wasn't feeling very brave so I used Scattered Straw and then a tiny bit of Tea Dye on the corners.
I then chose an image (from my box of images already coloured) that would go with it and used the Scattered Straw Distress Ink around the edge. I then used ink on the orange ribbon to tone down the colour and chose Prima flowers to match the colours. I also cheated with a Craftwork Cards Birthday Message on the front!
The Stamp was a Rachelle Anne Miller Stamp from the Lily & Milo clear stamp range called "Peek-a-boo". It was coloured with Derwent Coloursoft pencils.
I quite like it because it's different, but it could be better. I will keep trying!

1 comment:

  1. This is a really sweet card! I think the distressing looks really nice. I haven't tried distress inks yet, wouldn't really know where to start!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for coming to look at my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them!