Tuesday 1 September 2009

Second 'antiqued' card...

I was going to have another day of tidying yesterday, but was inspired to try another antiqued card!





This time, I picked a Sarah Kay image (already coloured!) called First Kiss and picked a paper to go with it. I was braver with the inks this time and went for Tea Dye then Walnut Stain. I under-estimated how much of the Walnut Stain was left on the foam when I went around the stamped image and had to try and even it out, so it is darker than I aimed for.
I like the colours on this card. The paper was a Basic Grey paper called Lemonade "Pretty Petals". I thought it looked old-fashioned, but then on closer inspection I realised it was flowers and ladybirds! The green card is a Bazzill dotted swiss cardstock and the flowers are Prima with a small adhesive pearl in the centre.
I then had a problem. Who could this card be for? It was of a boy and girl kissing, so I thought I'd better make it for a couple. I thought it's too girly to be to a man, so I thought I'd better make it an anniversary card for a woman. Hopefully I'll be able to sell my cards one day, and this will have to be one of them! In hindsight, I should have just made this an anniversary card for a couple... I could still change it...

1 comment:

  1. This card is so cute! I would love to receive this as an Anniversary card. I like this one even better than the 1st one, I think the darker stain really sets off the image.
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for coming to look at my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them!