Friday 28 August 2009

Birthday card for a 3 year old...

Tomorrow is my nieces 3rd birthday so yesterday I made her card. I decided to use the Penny Black fairy to make it girly. Of course, it had to be pink and glittery too and I had fun putting on the glitter. I then decided to use a Martha Stewart punch (I am so impressed with how well they work on card!) called Valentine Lace and I put Cassies name on the card too, rather than a sentiment. The alphabet was a Quickutz 4x8" die called Storybook and I like it, although I have found the "C" looks a bit like a "G" so it looks like the card says "Gassie"!!!



I coloured the image with some Lyra Rembrandt Polycolour Pencils. I saw them being demonstrated at Stamperama in Stevenage so I bought a few loose ones to try. They are lovely to work with as they are alot finer than Coloursoft pencils so my husband bought the set for my birthday.

I have just realised that I forgot to put any extras on the card (like adhesive stones). I think I was in such a hurry to finish last night as it was really hot in my small room. I will go and add those finishing touches now!!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Claire,
    Thanks for your comments on my B+W card. Don't rush out to buy the Clare Curd paper just yet...keep an eye out for the postie!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for coming to look at my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them!