Tuesday 29 September 2009

Anyone for Anya Challenge!


I am still a bit of a beginner when it comes to blogging. I don't do a lot of blog-hopping or entering competitions, but I do subscribe by email to some. One of the blogs I get updates from is Marceas blog http://marceascraftingcorner.blogspot.com/ as I really love her work. Yesterday I followed Marceas link to the Anyone for Anya challenge blog (here: http://anyoneforanya.blogspot.com/) and this week the challenge is a sketch so I decided to make sure I got round to doing it for a change! I have had this intention before so to save me forgetting, I made it yesterday afternoon. This is the card sketch:

This is my card:


I started with the image and decided I wanted to go with an orange colour scheme so coloured in Anya with my Copics. I thought it would be quicker than with my pencils, but I'm sure it wasn't! The papers are My Minds Eye 'Bloom & Grow', I love them, they are such good value for money and the assortment is great! The orange cardstock is Bazzill, which I also used for the Quickutz Photo Corners. The ribbon was from Hobbycraft (I was so relieved to find orange in my collection!) and the flowers are Prima (I think I should have gone for bigger flowers). The tag is also a Quickutz Die and the sentiment is from an Elzybells clear tag set.

4 comments:

  1. I love the colours on this card, they are very autumnal. I love the MME papers too. I was really disappointed that their Christmas papers seem to only be in the 12x12 papers stacks as the smaller ones are just perfect and great value as you said.
    I booked into the Copics course for the 1st of November, am looking forward to getting some tips!
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh i love the colours...fantastic card hun, x carol GDT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to welcom you in blogging and challenging land :) You can be sure it is a lot of fun and you will met a lot of lovely ladies!! HAVE FUN!!

    About your card...I love the sunny colour orange, it makes me cheerful. Nice corners and I love how you added the sentiment to the ribbon.

    Love from AFA!

    Renata

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Anya! Thanks for sharing your blog with the Moxie Fab World!

    ~Cath

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for coming to look at my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them!