Friday 28 August 2009

My Grandads Birthday

I discovered recently that my Grandad thinks my cute cards are for children so when it came to making a card for him, I stayed well away from Penny Black!
I went shopping for a new stamp (what torture!) and looked at the male ones (old cars and trains) but he's not old fashioned so I kept searching. My husband then found a large cake covered in candles so we thought that's probably best for him.
As the paper was still out from my Beerafella cards I decided this would work with the blues and greens of the candles (and it would help me avoid adding yet another half sheet of paper to my box of used sheets!).

I coloured the cake with Derwent Coloursoft pencils and blended them with Sansodor and paper stumps. I used Glossy Accents on the flames and icing and then took a shortcut with a Craftwork Cards birthday circle! I also used a new border punch that I got for my birthday down the side of the card. I have got lots of Martha Stewart punches lately, but this was an EK Success one, it's a slim punch that locks closed which is very handy for storing lots!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, Thank you for coming to look at my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them!