Sunday 18 April 2010

"Dad" Birthday Card

Two weeks ago it was my Dads birthday and I hadn't made the card in advance so I had to make it on the day. There was a bit of pressure as I had to make it by a certain time but I soon decided on the Chef and Cake stamps and they were luckily easy to colour quickly so it wasn't too bad in the end. When I look at the card, I feel as if it's missing something, but then again, my Dad isn't really into pretty things so I couldn't add flowers or too many gems!
The stamps are Magnolia Chef Edwin and Cake. I stamped them and coloured them with Promarkers before cutting them out. I mounted them with foam tape to a background cut with a Nestabilities die, which I coloured with a blue distress ink pad. The harlequin background is a piece of blue Core'dinations Whitewash cardstock which I embossed with a Sizzix Texturz Plate then sanded to reveal the colour. The mat of blue cardstock under it is Core'dinations. The letters that spell "dad" were cut with a Sizzix Embosslits Pink Lemonade Alphabet die and the sentiment is a Craftwork Cards message. Finally, the glitter dots are from a Papermania pack.

1 comment:

  1. This is lovely Claire, I love that shade of blue, a perfect card for a Man.
    Hope you are well and all is ok.
    Jane
    x

    ReplyDelete

Hi, Thank you for coming to look at my blog. Please feel free to leave a comment, I love reading them!